Followers

Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Twas the Day Before Christmas

Twas the Day Before Christmas


Twas the Day Before Christmas

Posted: 24 Dec 2010 06:00 AM PST

A new take on an old classic. Enjoy!

Twas the day before Christmas, when all through the Net
People were surfing, this you can bet.
Articles were posted on blogs with care,
In hopes that followers soon would be there.

When out of the desktop there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the chair to see what was the matter.
Away to the keyboard I flew like a flash,
saved all my files and cleared out the cache.

The black on the screen of the new re-boot
was the color of coal and darkness of soot.
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a digital sleigh, and eight digital reindeer.

With a popular driver, downloaded and quick,
I knew in a moment it must be Cyber Nick.
More rapid than spambots his courses they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name!

"Now Nook! now, Yahoo! now, Goodreads and Google!
On, Facebook! On, Youtube! On Digsby and Digg!
To the top of the site! to the top of the firewall!
Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away all!"

And then, in a twinkling, my computer it start,
the clicking and humming of each little part.
As dialog boxes on my screen flash round,
Up in my e-mail Cyber Nick came with a bound.

He shook off the malware and looked over my site,
nodded his head and pressed the button for like.
An Amazon link he had on his back,
With iPads, kindles and books in the pack.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And filled my in-box, then turned with a jerk.
I clicked my mouse on the side of his nose,
And with a nod, up the screen he rose!

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team sent a tweet,
And away they all flew; I was amazed by the feat.
But I heard him exclaim, from out of sight,
"Merry Christmas to all, your gifts ship tonight!"

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment